In our effort to make K9 Country Club the best training facility in Texas, we are so pleased to have hired Marcus Topps to teach a couple of our agility classes and for private lessons. Marcus earned the prestigious honor of being the first and only American on the large dog team to win an Individual Gold Medal, in the 2008 FCI World Agility Championships, with his Border collie, Juice. Marcus’ many accomplishments with Juice include:
- 7 Gold Medals & 1 Silver Medal competing in the IFCS & FCI World events
- Won both the FCI and IFCS World Agility Championships
- Nationally, Marcus and Juice have earned a place on the podium 15 times in 8 years of competition in the USDAA Cynosport World Games. Those recognitions include: 3-time Grand Prix Champion, 2-time Steeplechase Champion, 2-time Dog Agility Masters Team Champion, and Performance Speed Jumping Champion.
- This team again brought recognition to the United States by being the first American agility team to triumph at Crufts winning the coveted 1st Place award.
- Juice was honored as one of the USDAA Top Ten Agility Dogs for 6 of her 8 years of competition.
Before achieving such exceptional honors in agility, Marcus gained public recognition for his high achievements in the competitive obedience arena with his Siberian Husky, Flash. From the beginning of 1996 to Flash’s retirement in 2001 his accomplishments were outstanding in obedience and agility. Success such as Flash’s was not common to the Siberian Husky breed, but not surprising that Marcus could reach such high expectation with Flash, his Novice A dog. Some of these accolades include:
- Flash earned 12 obedience High In Trials
- He received his UKC CDX in 3 attempts
- In 1998, Flash became an Honored Dog World Award Winner achieving 3 all-breed High In Trials
- Again in 1998, he was the winner of the Obedience High In Trial award at the Siberian Husky Club of America National Specialty
- In 1999, Flash was the #1 Siberian Husky invited to compete in the AKC Obedience Invitational
- Also in 1999, Flash was the coveted winner of the Agility High In Trial award at the Siberian Husky Club of America National Specialty
- Flash was also the first Siberian husky to earn a Masters Agility Title (MX) & a Masters Agility Jumpers (MXJ) Title
- Once again Marcus & Flash drew attention to the Siberian Husky breed by placing 5th in a USDAA Regional Steeplechase Finals.
Marcus attributes his success to the key principles of mental management he gained with over 20 years of competitive soccer and 14 years of dog training experience. Combining both attributes, Marcus takes training to new heights. His detailed “Building Blocks” training system will make reaching your full potential not only understandable, but also achievable.
For more information on the next set of classes Marcus will be teaching at K9 Country Club, click here. If you would like to book a private lesson with Marcus, please call K9 Country Club at 830-980-8476.